Friday, May 22, 2009

My interview with California Fighter Magazine

I was just interviewed by Brian Williams for California Fighter Magazine for the June issue. I wanted to post it here for all my Duzoxin Blog readers to view before the issue is released. I hope you like it :)

Jessica Pene
Subfighter MMA
5’5”
115 lbs
Jan 30, 1983
Newport Beach, CA
6-0-0

Interview by Brian Williams

Jessica Pene is one of the most down to earth fighters I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is able to train full time as well as run a women’s program at LA Boxing Lake Forest and LA Boxing Laguna Niguel, and go to school full time. Jessica has just signed with Bellator Fighting Championships and won her first bout under the promotion in 1:35 in the first round via TKO over Tammy Schneider. In addition Jessica has also been selected as the sole female mixed martial artist to endorse Duzoxin. Duzoxin is a weight management system and more information on Duzoxin and Jessica can be found at www.duzoxintv.com/jessica

What belts or titles have you held?
115lbs RMBB Belt

What is your background in MMA?
I have been training for a little over 4 years in muay thai and jiu jitsu. I started my jiu jitsu training with Jeremy Williams at Apex Jiu Jitsu and am currently training at Subfighter MMA with Adam Lynn, Russ Miura, Rick Estrada, and Brandon Bovee.

What are some advantages training with Subfighter MMA?
I have very talented and inspirational coaches who are very supportive. I have a great team around me as well.

Where do you see women’s MMA in 5 years?
Women’s MMA is gaining quite a bit of momentum so hopefully there will be a good women’s league to showcase female fighters.

What is your favorite post fight meal?
Ha ha In N Out Double Double with cheese, animal style fries, chocolate shake and a pink lemonade.

What’s your favorite book?
The Art of War by Sun Tsu

Any pre fight superstitions?
I am so superstitious! Really if I listed all of them you would think I was crazy. But one is that I have to watch Kill Bill Vol. 2 the night before the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment